When it comes to having a garage door opener in your home, getting quality openers is essential. There are so many companies in the market today offering garage door openers. This makes it such a hassle settling for one option. Wayne Dalton has been in the business for over 60 years, and this means they have the experience and expertise to get you the best garage door that will suit our needs. Apart from garage door openers, they also deal with garage doors, which means if you have the opportunity to pair it with the opener, the compatibility is compared to none.
The main reason why Wayne Dalton doors gained popularity is because they occupy a smaller space. That makes it perfect for places that have little or no space to install a huge garage door. They also have a different garage door which is aesthetically pleasing and will add an extra value to your home. Garage door openers make the work more comfortable when it comes to driving in and out of your garage as you do not need to get out of your car to open it or close it.
The Wayne Dalton Company have a wide variety of garage doors and garage door openers that you can choose from depending on your preference and use case. Here are some of the Dalton Openers, their specifics of use, and their prices.
Types of Wayne Dalton Garage Door Openers
When we talk of Wayne Dalton openers, we have three different types. That is, the Keyless Entry Garage Door Opener, the Wayne Dalton iDrive Pro for Torquemaster Garage Door Opener, and the Wayne Dalton Quantum Series. We’ll take at each of them.
Wayne Dalton Keyless Entry Garage Door Opener
One of the most common openers in the market is the keyless Dalton opener, which uses batteries to work. It works with most standard openers. This opener is available to purchase online, and most sellers ship to most countries. You can find them in your local store as well. The two most popular models are the 334642 and the 327308 models. The package comes with an installation manual, so no need to worry about how to get it to work. In fact, we’ll explain how to program this opener in a much straightforward way. So keep reading.
Wayne Dalton iDrive Garage Door Opener
The iDrive Pro opener is an upgrade to the first generation version, the iDrive. It is also a wireless system and simple to handle. The opener comes with new technology; the company chose to call it the Z-Wave Technology. This technology makes it possible to integrate it, not only with your garage door, but outdoor lighting setups, thermostat, security systems, and many more. Although this product has been discontinued, you can get it on eBay for a reasonable price.
Wayne Dalton Garage Door Opener Parts Review
We have a dedicated post on all the parts and accessories made for Wayne Dalton garage doors and openers, you can find it here. These are parts made by Wayne Dalton company so you are assured of high-quality product if you are looking for a replacement part. However, since this post is dedicated to Wayne Dalton door openers, it’s worth mentioning their accessories. So let’s get into it.
The Wayne Dalton garage door opener remote weight 1.6 ounces and is 5.2*3.7*1 inches in dimensions. It uses one lithium metal battery, and they come two in a package. A visor clip is also included in the package. When you get the remote, ensure to purchase the batteries as well, because it does not come included in the box. Before you buy this remote, do well to compare it to the previous one you had and make sure they match. Else it might not work as desired.
The keyless entry keypad weighs 0.32 ounces and is 7.3 *3*1.2 inches in dimensions. It uses one 9V battery, and the battery cell type is NiCAD, keep that in mind when you’re purchasing the battery. You need to note that it will not come with the batteries, so you have to get the batteries for yourselves.
If you are comfortable with a wired system and don’t have the need for a remote opener, this is the perfect solution for you. It could also serve as a backup for situations where your remote doesn’t function. This wall station also does not require any batteries. This is a plus for anyone who prefers using electricity for their openers. It has two buttons and is a walls stations for 372 MHz.
More Wayne Dalton Garage Door Opener Parts
How to Program Wayne Dalton Garage Door Opener
Before you begin to program your Wayne Dalton garage door opener, you need to know which type and the model you own. You can do that by checking the packaging or manual if you still have it in your possession, or by simply checking the device. It will be written somewhere on it. Your device will fall into one of these three categories
- Keyless Wayne Dalton Opener
- iDrive Pro for Torquemaster Garage Door Opener
- Quantum Series Garage Door Opener
It’s also essential to program the transmitter or wall unit after you program the opener itself. So I’ll explain how to program that as well. Now let’s continue.
Programming the Keyless Wayne Dalton Opener
Programming the Keyless Wayne Dalton opener is a straightforward process, so fret not. And this process can be done whether the opener is mounted on the wall or you’re holding it.
- All you need to do is to ensure that you close the door before you get started on the programming or reprogramming process.
- Find the program button on the right side near the back of the motorhead. This usually has a red LED light above it.
- To avoid causing any programming failure, ensure you do this when you are six feet away from the opener.
- You will be required to put in a five-digit pin and to ensure you say safe. A quick tip: do not use your address as the pin as this is an easy guess.
- If you want to know that the programming is complete, the LED light will blink thrice once you enter the pin.
Should you have an issue with programming, press the ‘7’/’8′ key and the ‘9’/’0′ keys simultaneously to reset the keyless entry so you can repeat the process. The good thing about having Wayne Dalton door opener is the fact that you can program it or fix it on your own if you have any issues with it after purchase.
Programming the iDrive Garage Door Opener
- One thing you need to realize with the Wayne Dalton iDrive opener is the fact that it only works with Wayne Dalton doors.
- Should this system have issues, pull the emergency disconnect cord. Press and release the round red button on the front cover on the opener.
- When you do this, it will beep, and that means you have 30 seconds to program the code. The opener will beep again if it accepts the code.
- Start all over again if you do not hear the beep.
- Be careful not to press any other buttons when programming or reprogramming this opener as you might have to start all over again.
Programming the Quantum Series Opener
- If you are programing and quantum series opener, press the program button and the light above it and on the monitor will come on and stay on for a minute.
- Press the button that you want to use to operate the transmitter with, and it will blink three times.
- To confirm that the opener works, press the same button again.
- If it does not work, then check to see if the battery is working and if not then replace it with similar batteries.
Programming the Transmitter and Wireless Wall Unit
- If you need to program the transmitter and wireless wall unit, find the button on the right side of the opener unit then press and release it, and the red LED light above it.
- The light will come on for a minute after you do this and this is when you will enter your pin.
- The LED light will blink thrice, so you know you have programmed the remote correctly.
- This works for the two types of openers.
Troubleshooting the Wayne Dalton Door Openers.
If you notice your Wayne Dalton opener giving you an issue, the following steps will help you solve it in no time. You might also want to take that opportunity to inspect your garage door for any problems as well.
- One of the first things you need to find out if your openers are not working is if the batteries still work. If not, then replacing them is the first step.
- If you have replaced the batteries and the opener still has an issue then take a look at the cord outlet and the switch to see if they work correctly.
- You also need to check the wires by disconnecting them from the wall station. Check to ensure that nothing is obstructing the door.
- If the door does not open, then you can disconnect it from the remote opener and open the door by hand.
- Do not press any other button when you are programming Wayne Dalton openers as you have to start all over again. Ensure you get a unique code and pin for your home, so you do not have issues with burglars.
When it comes to your garage and the safety of your car, you cannot gamble on the quality of your door and opener. By choosing Wayne Dalton for your home, you are sure you have the best for your home. Their years in experience speaks for them as you can get enough reviews on their products online. You are also assured that you will get the best for your home as they work well for many homeowners for years without any complaints.
Some of the things you need to look at to help you choose the best opener for your garage is the complexity of the design, the type of battery they use and the type of garage door you have in your home.
Hi, my name is John, and I’m the founder of Garage Adviser. I have worked in the garage industry for over fifteen years and specialized in areas such as garage door repairs, epoxy flooring, garage shelving and storage, and garage gym construction. Now I work as a Home Improvement Consultant. During my free time, I like to write about the knowledge I’ve acquired over the years, or watch football with my twelve-year-old son.